The Seven Meme Returns
I noticed a resurgence of the "tell us something we don't know" Meme. I did a a meme that I believe had 5 things awhile back, but if I remember correctly my answers were lame, well maybe not, but I'd like another shot at it. Let's see what pops into my head.
1) I've gone to 3 colleges in 3 states, but only have a Bachelor's of Science to show for it. My second school was the University of Idaho in Moscow. I knew nothing about the area or the school. I wanted to major in forestry, they had a reputable forestry program, so I figured there must a lot of forests. I got accepted, picked out my classes, and took a 50+ hour Greyhound to the school from Illinois. I had a layover in Spokane and then traveled down through Eastern Washington. By the time I got to Pullman I was scared shitless. Where were the forests? What was with all of the wheat fields? Everything was brown and golden. Moscow was a bit greener. At least there were some trees in the distance. Still, after being disgusted with their forestry program I switched majors and schools once again and ended up in Northern Wisconsin and 25 grand in student loan debt.
2) In highschool most people thought I was on drugs because I dressed weird, missed a lot of school, and went from accelerated classes to almost flunking out really fast. Truth was I just lost interest. Actually I hated drugs and alcohol, I had seen their effects on others, but admittedly the first thing I ever tried was LSD-even before alcohol. I read a lot about the drug and started to get a bit fascinated with it, Kesey, the bicycle ride, R Crumb, the Fillmore bands, the usual stuff, so I had to try it. In retrospect, never being under the influence of anything stronger than coffee, it was probably a bad choice.
3) I have no clue what American Idol is. Just that it's some type of talent/popularity contest. Okay, that really isn't about me, but I wanted to show my media ignorance. The lack of TV does that.
4) I get a craving for Coca Cola every now and then....and buy one. I know they are loaded with HFCS, GE crap, and the company is a multi-national crooked corporation and I'm aware of who they donate to and what they have done in other countries, but the bastards must have gotten me hooked. Still, I either buy a can or those little bottles. The 20oz plastic is too much. And fair trade coffee is my drink of choice (or water).
5) I can't drive a manual transmission. I've tried a couple times, but it just frustrates me too much. I'm not wasting my time with trying to learn anymore. For real this time.
6) I wish I wasn't white/Caucasian or whatever one calls it. There is too much shame in being a white male. Most of the worldly problems we face-traced back to white males. In school I used to fill in other circles for race just for the heck of it. My favourite was the Hawaiian/Pacific Islander choice. I thought they were asking what you would like to be.
7) I go through bouts of depression. Who doesn't I guess? But I have actually been pretty screwed up. A lot of random crying, hints of suicidal thoughts (although I never admit that), and basic activities tough to manage. But alas, I'm all better :)
Ha. You knew that I would end on a serious one.
Anyone wishing to play along feel free, but let me know so I can read your 7 factoids. It's fun and therapeutic. Honest engine. It's past 1 in the morning here. I need sleep.