Wednesday, August 09, 2006

BurdockBoy and Blackberries

Well I guess since this is my first entry I should introduce my avatar.....



............BurdockBoy
and me


Okay enough of that.

Well summer is definitely here in Wisconsin. The fawns are keeping up with their mothers. The bucks have antlers that are less fuzzy. The raspberries have dried up and the blackberries are out in full force. Because of our dry summer the berries have been pretty small this year (as you can see from the pictue below) but that won't stop me from making jam. This year I'm trying sweetining with fruit juice only.


The Berry farms up in Bayfield are having a good year with their raspberries and blueberries. The two farms that I am familiar with that have organic berries are Northwind Farm and Blue Vista Farm. Northwind Farm is more progressive. Tom Galazen, the owner, grows all organic fruits. He also runs his farm on renewable energy. Not only is his produce available at the farmstand, he also sells his fruit through the Chequamegon COOP in Ashland and Wild By Nature in Bayfield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home