Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Primary Day in Wisconsin


Today on the way home from work I stopped at the Keystone Town Hall to place my primary votes. The ballots are still paper with a pen to mark the little circles. I felt like I was taking a standardized test. In Wisconsin one must pick a party and only vote for candidates in that party. So I only focused on the Democrats that were running for office. Here were the choices I had and my picks in bold:

Attorney general:
Kathleen Falk and Incumbent Peggy A. Lautenschlager

US Senate:
Incumbent Herb Kohl and Ben Masel (I emailed Kohl after he gave Bush the go-ahead for the war and told him I would not vote for him-I'm making a point)

Secretary of State:
Incumbent Doug La Follette and Scot Ross

74th Assembly:
Incumbent Gary Sherman was unopposed

State Senate District 25
Incumbent Bob Jauch and Gary Kauther

Bayfield County Sheriff:
Incumbent Bob Follis and Mark Pope

There were also a handful of Democrat incumbents for local offices that were unopposed.

The two races that may be close are the Attorney General race and our local sheriff race.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger ing said...

I'm quite certain I will never vote for an R, but how do you feel about having to choose only one party? This seems kind of restricting -- maybe not to you, but to people who have single issues in mind. . .

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

I agree that it is restricting, but luckily it is only in the primary. In fact chances are I'll vote for a couple greens in the November election.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home