Thursday, August 31, 2006

And we wonder why our kids are fat, lazy, and suffer from ADD

Well the geniuses are at it again. Amidst all of the stories of obesity among children from lack of exercise, kids being obsessed with consumerism and gadgets, and increasing accounts of ADD we get these. I mean come on, carts with TV's? My first reaction was "I can't believe we have become this desperate to keep our kids entertained". I'm sure other parents are thrilled. They can't tell there kids no to soda and fruit loops so plopping them in front of Bob the Builder will be a godsend. I can picture these kids with glassy eyes being torn away from the TV at home, set in their carseats in the family SUV with the DVD player on, then getting in one of these new carts at the supermarket. Kids will be so biased towards screens that by the time they are in school they won't be able to relate to real people. Schools will be better off having teachers on television doing all of the teaching with some flunky sitting on the sidelines to keep order.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by & commenting. However, I just love the teevee & did you just see that study that showed that teevee was better at helping kids in pain that drugs or mom? Plus, what would I do without The Daily Show or reruns of the A-Team? A guy's gotta sleep sometime. Thanks again. Later. I still figuring out this new Blooger deal so I'll just sign off with coldH20wi.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Toby said...

Thanks for stopping by me too. I think you're the first from Wisconsin. Is Wisconsin blogger deficient? My brother lives just outside of Barnes in Potawanomi Estates - A trailer park with bennies. Haha.. I love it up your way! But I could never live there for lack of work and too much snow. Pardon my spelling.

Below are a couple links almost on topic.

ONE TWO

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

You are back:)

I can't believe those carts. Even our super Publix doesn't have anything close to that. Actually the big race car carts they do offer are much to bulky for me to handle so I dump the twins in the everyday metal carts that I remember as a child. Shopping is quite an ordeal for us, We read the list and really discuss what and why we are getting items. The kids have a great time and they know by now if it is bright sugary and prepacked the chances of it going into the cart are slim to none. We do indulge in the free cookie and balloon and sometimes our store even has live music. It is quite a festive occasion all around. I don't think any television could compare. Besides if they are not on top of things they won't get any say in what is prepared that week.

I have to admit however that two years ago in preparation for our trip to the keys for my brothers wedding I invested in a dvd player with two screens for the car. We have only used the system four times, but it was worth every penny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home