Monday, November 06, 2006

Plastic Kills!


Earlier this evening I was reading a great post on Emme's Blog about disposable items. A little later I came across this article that made me mortified to be part of modern humanity. We are literally trashing the planet in the name of convenience. I have been taking great steps to reduce the amount of plastic in my life. I no longer buy disposable items like plastic wrap or ziploc bags. We are planning to use cloth diapers and covers for our child as well as glass baby bottles. We also plan on no plastic toys (which means educating the parents and inlaws). But still the word needs to be spread. Too many consumers buy extensive amounts of plastic items out of convenience or the lack of knowledge that there are alternatives. Please do your best and help spread the word that we can do better.

6 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Where does this picture come from? horrible! As someone who grew up near Lake superior, anytime I see something with polluted water I feel very upset.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I point out everything in this room that is made of plastic, it's amazing. All this stuff couldn't exist 100 years ago.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Stacie said...

keep hope alive!!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

This picture was taken somewhere in Hawaii. I didn't take it, I snatched it off of a website.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be too hardcore about the inlaws & family concerning toys, etc. for ther future young one. Remember, it's all about love & parenting, frankly, is a very in-the-moment endeavor. We tried the same thing, it didn't always work. We finally decided it was worth the grief to keep to our non-material child rearing plan, i.e., strict nap times, etc.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cloth diapers! Good luck with the grandparents seeing thing your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home