Friday, December 29, 2006



Finally....The Snow not the Baby


We woke up to a little bit of snow this morning which continued all day. Still, we have a lot of catching up to do to meet the normal snowfall here in the Northland. I am envious of those Coloradoans or Coloradorites? You know who you are.
Home Sweet Home

Driveway Sweet Driveway

The View During a Walk in the Woods

In other News I have been tagged by Monica at Small Meadow Farm. So following the rules I present 6 weird things about myself:

1. I have only one first cousin and come from a very small family.

2. Even though I love the outdoors and canoeing, I can't swim. I don't like being in water.


3. I love board games, especially Ravensburger products.


4. I don't have a cell phone or television...and never will.


5. I want to live in a bus in the Mountains this summer.


6. I used to have bright green hair, but still have my nose pierced.


I'm not going to tag anyone right now, so anyone who wants to be let me know. Happy Gregorian New Year Everyone.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger M said...

Oooh, I am completely envious. I love snow. I miss snow. I miss it terribly. I will take feet of snow--or even just cold weather--over the constant rain that is referred to as "winter" in the Bay Area any day. Lucky you. Now, that the snow has come, perhaps it's the baby's turn to come, too. As always the pics on your post look beautiful. I don't know when I'll see snow again--and more important, when I'll be somewhere where it's actually snowing, but I hope it's soon.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Dancingfarmer said...

Great snow pictures! We hardly ever see it and probably won't in the future if it stays this warm from now on.
As to the tagging--thanks for joining in. And by the way---you need to learn to swim so you can teach your kid.
Just one nose piercing? My daughter practically has most of her ears done--she's running out of space now.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Since we have moved down to the Great Trailer Bait State, It has been warm, not much snow at all and I want it in feet too. but alas, there is none.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Niobium said...

It's snowing here now. I'm not sure how much we're going to get, but ti's a wet snow: you can hear it hitting the ground.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

One first cousin? I thought I remember reading your mom came from a Mennonite family. Is only one first cousin possible in a Mennonite family?!

Lovely pictures! As always.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

m: After a winter in the Willamette Valley I vowed to live in a snowy climate-this year has been a let down.

fv&A: Thanks. I don't have to teach my kid to swim-that's what friends are for.

Applehead: Trailer Bait That's funny. I had my fill of the white trash in Idaho.

nio: Ours is beginning to melt, but more is forcasted for tomorrow and the next day.

stephanie: My dad was an only child and my mom only had one sister who only had one daughter. Since my Grandma moved off of the farm, my mom and her sister never really followed through the whole mennonite thing.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger tansy said...

my hair used to be stop sign red and my nose is still pierced.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No snow here in Indiana. Temps in the mid 50's. Hello global warming.
It's so depressing.
I'm an old mama with my nose pierced.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home