Monday, February 26, 2007

A Day in the Life of Burdock

A few days ago while viewing Stephanie's blog Adventure in the 100 Acre Wood, I noticed an interesting blogging challenge started at Owlhaven. The concept is pretty basic, just share some photos from a typical day you have. Well, me being the challenger that I am, I decided to play along. The day I chose was Sunday, Feb 25th. Below are some of the highlights, if one can call them that. Afterall, my life isn't that exciting, but it's good enough for me.


This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog


A typical Sunday, hardly. I woke up at 4:00 am to do my Sunday rural paper delivery (this job sucks, but it pays a little and I can still collect unemployment until I find something better) and discovered that a snowstorm was in the process. I managed to make it into town, no thanks to the zero visibility on a stretch of HWY 2 by Lake Superior-which they closed soon after. Then I dropped off some movies we rented, and picked up my papers. Then the fun began. The next four hours consisted of cruising the backroads of Northern Wisco on unplowed roads. Luckily the snow was pretty fluffy so driving through it was possible. I can't imagine trying to drive through 8 inches of wet soggy snow. Still, delivery took me about an hour longer than usual. For a reward of a job well done I treated myself at the Black Cat Coffee house for an americano and cinnamon roll.

When I got home I relaxed for a bit, helped out with KIA and took a cat nap around 11:00-1:00. When I awoke I had some cereal for lunch and took the dogs out for a walk around the property. It was lovely out. The snow was still falling, but not at the rate it was earlier. Back at home, the rest of the day consisted of helping out with KIA, birdwatching ( a new bird showed up that I am not quite sure of), keeping the fire stoked, working on my tree vision cards for KIA (more on these in another post), getting dinner ready, and couple minutes of reading.

After a dinner of tuna casserole blueberry muffins, and squash, Moh and I played a game of Carcassonne-my favourite board game, and fed the dogs. Then I spent some time on the computer while KIA was in the swing. After awhile I took KIA in the bedroom for a feeding and fell asleep. What a day.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

I think that is a great way to spend the day! Of course, I'd pass on the snow!

Those cards are too cool. Love to hear more!

I'm working on my pictures. My day isn't quite as peaceful as yours!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger M said...

I am normally not the type to get gaga over babies, but yours is just too cute. She's looks so cuddly in your arms. Beautiful!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

stephanie:
I will speak more of th cards, thanks.
I will be looking for your day.

M:
Thanks. I often think babies are kind of strange looking. I'm glad KIA is cute and "normal" looking. That sounds shallow, I know, but I would love her even if she was funny looking.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger The Fool said...

Carcassone rocks! The 2 player or 3+ version? Do you play any of the expansions? How about Settlers of Cataan, Puerto Rico, or New England? They are other German board-strategy games.

Love 'em.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

TFool:
I just have the Hunters and Gatherers version of Carcassone so there are no expansions. It can be played 2 player up to six I believe. I may purchase the original Carcassone w/expansions (There are some whole sets on Ebay way below full retail).

I have the settlers of Cataan, but when I bought it I didn't realise it was 3 or more players only. I have yet to find any other gamers, except a good friend in Portland who used to come down to Corvallis and play when we lived out there, so Moh and I are stuck with 2 player games. Sigh. Maybe when KIA gets older or when we relocate.

The German strategy games are the best. I even like the Ravensberger games like Scotland Yard, Feng den Hut, and the Amazing Labrynth.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger The Fool said...

There is a two player version of Carcassone called "Carcassone Castle." I've never played the huneter gatherer expansion.

Settlers is awesome with a pack of crazies. There is an online version of Cataan as well.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger The Fool said...

Cataan online:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsettlers/

Not as much fun live with friends...but it's there...

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this "A day in the life of Quinn"!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

TFool:
We got the Hunters and Gatherers version because Moh was reading Auel's the Earth Children series. It seemed fitting.

I need a pack of crazies....

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Kim:
Thanks. It was definitely my day....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home