Thursday, October 02, 2008

Morning Reflection

With autumn in full swing and winter right around the corner, many people enter into a nesting mindset. I was struck with the feeling of moving-leaving the state. Then it struck me. This will be the first time since highschool (and I'm 31) that I will have lived in the same house for 2 winters in a row. Even the same town for that matter. It's kind of depressing really. I have a decent job and nice rental and I still want to move on. I guess I don't know the meaning of stability.

5 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I've never moved much in my life and count the time on one hand.
Even counting when I live with my parents.

Coffee is on.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I will have been in this house and city almost five years, longest in my life. The urge to move sometimes still creeps up but I think the kids blossom with the stability.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Discover your place and you will be happy to stay there, learn its patterns and its flow.

The NWEI (Deep Ecology people) have a course on Discovering a sense of place. IT talks a lot about this.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I guess that's why I travel so much. Would perhaps move more, but I don't really find the actual moving (packing up, unpacking etc) all that pleasant.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

peppy:
My parents never moved or went anywhere. Perhaps it's a rebellion. No, I just can't seem to find my place. If I would have stayed in Illinois where I grew up I would be insane by now.

maggie:
Maybe there is still hope for me.

crall:
That is great advice, but I seem to be negative and focus on what I don't like and my place never comes.
As for the NWEI course, I should sponsor that here. I was planning on doing one here this winter. There is an Idaho chapter, but it's in Boise.

Carla:
I wish I could take to just traveling, but I seem to go the whole way. Of course you have a great town to stay centered in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home