Friday, May 30, 2008


Garden Away From Home


After a couple years of not gardening, I couldn't imagine how great it has felt returning to one. It really gives me a sense of grounding. I don't feel as idle on the weekends. Many times the idleness lead to a small road trip to hike or sightsee-which cost money and consumed gas. My garden this year is a couple miles from my home, but it is still worth it (although I'm still getting used to having to remember everything that I want to do that day).

Anyhow things are wrapping up here at our garden. I just planted some squash and pumpkins (hopefully not too premature the weather has been in the sixties- about ten degrees below normal). I just got some straw so hopefully the garden will look less naked soon.

The Garden about a week ago

My little Helper

5 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Your garden is bound to flourish with that smiling little helper. Too cute.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger willow said...

Your garden is in such a lovely setting. My allotment is a mile and a half from home so I end up keeping quite a lot of gardening things in my car most of the time so I don't forget anything. There have been many times when I have been ready to sow or plant and realised the seeds/plants are still in the kitchen!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

It been Cool here.
Yesterday we got a little bit over an inch of rain at our place.

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Gardening is so magical, I think that Mia will definately agree:)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

carla; She definitely adds to the energy. Although she hasn't distinguished between the weeds and the plants yet.

Willow:
We have 2 cars so I can never remember which tools I put in which cars. I guess it just comes down to better planting.

Peppy:
I would almost say downright cold. They're saying tomorrow highs in the lower 50's. That squash I planted is sure to rot before it sprouts.

Maggie:
She already loves watering. Yesterday she had an empty water jug pretending she was watering our container tomatoes on our deck. She was even making sound effects (swooshing noises).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home