Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What A Freakin' Winter
Well I feel like I can finally come out of hibernation because there is only a little snow scattered around the yard (I guess it's a yard).  Living up an old logging road driving a small VW golf during a heavy winter was sort of awful.  I often had to use chains just to get home and I lost track of how many times I got stuck.  But now those days are gone.  I started making a garden bed the other day, I have some herbs sitting outside getting hardened off, and yes, I saw some buds on the deciduous trees.  A larger variety of birds have also been showing up at the birdfeeder as well.
So just for closure, I'll share a couple wintry photos-because I know it's over.




3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

Goodness that is a lot of snow! Glad to see you back around!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

well, look who's back! good to see you around. nice snow.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

stephanie:
Yeah I think we had around 6 feet of snow at one point (that's not drifts). It was crazy this tear.

Tim:
Thanks. It's good to be up and running. I had some withdrawl I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home