Saturday, November 03, 2007


Back Again


I must admit that I feel a bit guilty by my absence, but I feel more isolated from all of the friends I have made online-I miss you all. Our Internet, DSL thank goodness, is up and running so hopefully.....

Well, for the quick update, I'm still working in the micro lab testing for nasty little critters. The job is going well and I should be getting a pay increase and my benefits December first. I also switched my hours from 6:30 to 3:00, which is why my blogging has been on hold. KIA doesn't go to sleep until 9:30-10:00 and by then I'm ready for bed. I haven't even had time to read much lately (I've been stuck on the same book for almost a month). Weekends are of course filled with yard and housework. The busy life isn't what it's cracked up to be.

The other news is we found a hose in town to rent. It's an older 2 bedroom with a fenced in yard for the dogs and a wonderful garage. It's fairly close to everything in town so biking and walking has become a daily event. It's a good thing too, because our Subaru's transmission went out, so we're just down to the VW with no intention of getting a second car. I have even been biking to work most of the time. It's almost 3 miles one way, but there is a great bike path that starts 2 blocks from my house and goes all the way to where I work. I have a nice commuter bike with a built in headlight that runs on a generator from my wheel for those dark mornings. I miss listening to NPR, but the crisp morning air has been nice.

The family has been all been doing well. KIA is growing up every day. She's crawling everywhere including up the stairs, but hasn't taken that first step yet (although she does stand by her self for several seconds). She's been eating a bigger variety of food, but with no teeth, we haven't given her too much finger foods.

Well I guess this has been a quick update, I'm eager to visit some other sites. Bye for now.
KIA and our Carved Pumpkins

18 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger willow said...

Good to read that things are working out well for you.
Thats a great photo for KIA's first Halloween, she just looks so sweet.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Glad to hear things are working out for you all.
Sorry to hear about your transmission and please be careful riding your bike in the darkness.

Enjoy the pictures of KIA's first Halloween and some one has great talent in craving Jack O Lanterns.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Absolutely fabulous photo. Good to have you back.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger M said...

So glad you're back. I was thinking of you just the other day as I went through my Reader to edit out some old links.

The pumpkins look awesome, and the baby is beautiful as always. Glad things seem to be going well.

And please do stay in touch if I end up going the same route as you and cutting back on the blogging for a while (though I have a feeling I won't be able to really cut back all that much anyway!)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger mamak said...

Happy for you and your sweet family that things are going well...Welocme Back!!

Kim in IN

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

willow:
Thanks.
KIA wasn't too sure about her bee costume that someone lent us though. She did like the pumpkins however.

peppy:
Lucky for me the bike path goes right to my work. I have to cross Division, but that's about all.

Carla:Thanks. I'm glad to be back. I hope I can still find the free time.

M:
Thanks. I will really try to keep up with this blog or stay in touch. I really felt a void when I was neglecting logging into this blog.

Kim:
Thanks.
I'm glad you're still around checking in.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger gtr said...

Welcome back! Nice pumpkins and baby pic!

Yes, the busy life IS a little insane, eh? I'm trying to figure out how to be less busy with full time work and baby on the way, but haven't found the answer yet.

Good luck!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

GTR:
Thanks for stopping by.

Wow! Congrats on the pregnancy. I've been gone too long. See, I really do need to keep up-I don't like being left in the dark.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Glad everything seems to be falling into place for you all..... bummer about the car, but think of how you are saving the environment by using ya bike :)....

Busy is good, even though at times its hard having no time to oneself......

LOVE the pumpkin photo with Kia :)

x

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Phelan said...

Too cute! Congrats on the job, and hope the rental works out for you.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

Nice to see you back around!

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well for you. Welcome back :)

And the picture is so precious! She's a cutie-pie!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

It's great to have you back around - you've been missed!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I keep checking in, hoping for another post. I just love your picture of Kia in this last one. She sure is cute. But you already know that.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

It's good to see you back around. KIA is charming in that photo.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Wow your back!! Great to hear about the house. I am a bit envious of your daily commute. I would love to be able to bike to work every day. One thing Florida lacks is any alternate transportation and it is not pedestrian friendly. They say it helps your thinking so you must be completely ready to go by the time you arrive. I love the pics man is she a growing. Cute as ever though.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Dancingfarmer said...

Nice to hear things are going well. Glad your back. It sounds as if soon you will be even busier with a walking toddler :-)
Monica

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Carla said...

I bet you Kia will be quite a handful once you get those Christmas decorations up ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home