Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm Back........A Nutshell Posting

Okay, I know I have a lot of explaining to do, but honestly I have been busy. The move took longer than I expected, I had to take the train back to pick up our car in Wisconsin, I started working right away, and it took what seems like forever to get internet up here.

So with all of that in mind, I'll try to continue.

We ended up moving into a condo on the Schweitzer Mountain ski resort. We can only stay through mid November so we'll miss the ski season. It's not ideal, but the rent is reasonable, the landlord is chill with dogs, and we were able to line things up from Wisconsin. Plus the views are great from the bay window.





Driving over 2000 ft into town isn't the most fun. In addition I pretty much killed my car driving it through Wyoming completely loaded down.



It's starting to smoke on occasion so the engine doesn't have much longer. I'm trying to find a reasonable VW TDI that I can run on biodiesel. I found one I want, but it's in Dallas and I'm not sure if I'm up for a road trip yet.

As for work, right now I'm doing odd jobs for someone. It pays much better than most work around here. There was a state park job I was interested in, but it only paid $7.00 an hour. Hopefully something will come up soon.

As for the weather...it sucks. Too hot for me, even up on the mountain. Over the 4th we took a trip up to Kootenay Lake in BC. We went up north of Kaslo where the temps cooled down a bit. Plus the lake was colder than all heck. It was a nice getaway. Really it was our first leisurely trip since KIA was born.

Speaking of which, she is doing wonderful. She's staring to roll around, able to stay sitting up, eating more solid foods, and charming the pants off of strangers it's almost annoying. I mean I can't take her into a store without people coming up and commenting on how cute she is.

Her sleeping has been up and down. She has been sleeping through the night, but still doesn't want to go to bed until 10:00 or 11:00. It's like she's on our schedule. That doesn't give us a whole lot of free time though.

Naps have been a bit more frequent lately

Well, there is a bit of what is happening. I apologize for the incoherence of this post, but at least I'm posting. Now to update my info and see what's going on out there. Ta Ta.

15 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

Good to see you stranger! Kia is too sweet! :)

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

We have four kids and every time they were at that age it was annoying. After a awhile I would say yeah she's cute, would you like to take one of the others home?

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger mamak said...

Yay!! So glad to hear you all are safe and sound!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Glad to see you back. Sounds like you were having quite the adventures. Can't wait to hear more. Kia really is adorable. She's amazingly cute for a baby. Love all the pics.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Nice to see you back!
The view from your window is amazing, it looks like a gorgeous area.
Good luck with the car!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Niobium said...

Will you continue to blog? I certainly hope so!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger willow said...

Good to catch up on your news and see your KIA looking so sweet.
Hope you soon come to terms with the heat and sort out the work situation - that view from your home is wonderful.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Welcome to North Idaho!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

stephanie:
Thanks

applehead:
I'm glad you can relate. At first it was nice, but after awhile it's tough to even focus on the task at hand. On our trip out here I stopped at a cheap diner in Wyoming. Moh was still aslee so I took KIA in myself. The waitress freaked out over her. She wanted to carry her around while I was eating. Strange.

mamak:
Thanks. At one point it seemed as though this day would never come.

Carla:
I do have plenty of stories. I hope I can get to them before new ones come up. As for KIA sometimes she barely seems like a baby.

Cheryl:
Thanks. The view is great. It's a nice area-a bit hectic though. The ski hill is definitely chill this time of year however. The car hopefully will hang in a bit longer. What I'd really like is one of those Mitsubishi Delica 4WD diesel vans you BC folk are importing. They are still illegal here in the states so I can't figure out how to bring one through customs.

Nio:
I really missed blogging. I will try my best to continue.

Willow:
Thanks. The heat is a bit better, especially up here on the hill. The view is great. Since we face east, however, it begins getting light at like 4:30.

Peppy:
Thanks. I have mixed feelings about being back here, but hopefully my mood will improve.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger M said...

Yay, you're back. Please don't take such a long break again (if possible). Missed your blog lots while you were gone! And, your baby has grown and looks absolutely beautiful, as she did before of course. (Sorry don't mean to fawn over her like all the others!)

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! Don't worry about that meme. Really I was just paying tribute to a post of yours that I really enjoyed.

Good luck with work, and Kia really is beautiful. When Dunc was that age, I could just stare at him all day long. Enjoy this time!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Your back with excuses and photos!! Ok your forgiven and I can empathize completely. That is one fabulous view you have there although seems you will have to move again? ARGH
Did I mention that little squish of yours is too precious.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

M:
Thanks. I'm really going to work on being a better blogger. The writing time is both fun and theraputic for me.

Lesley:
I should really do some more postings on that subject. There are more places that I think about in different times of stress or even happiness.


Maggie:
Thanks. I'm definitely not looking forward to moving again and even less on trying to find something reasonable in this area. It's definitely overpriced.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Mone said...

Well that looks like soon there will be a lot of snow. You'll only be able to stay till mid November? Does that mean you have to move again? If so, you dont even have to unpack your things.
Great pictures!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Mone:
There will be a lot of snow. We had some flurries at the end of June, but I'm guessing by the end of September or early October the snow will start.

We have a lot of stuff in storage because this apartment is so small and already furnished. Moving in November will be easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home