Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Busy, Busy

And I vowed to not let another absence occur. Honestly things have been a bit chaotic up here. The good news is I finally found the VW TDI that I wanted. I purchased a Golf a couple weeks ago and am very eager to run it on biodiesel. Because it was in an accident several years ago I got it under blue book value, which is hard with these TDI's. Also the sellers were moving back to Poland so they were motivated sellers. Since it is a newer VW I don't need to do any converting, just change the fuel filter frequently at first. It may need some new fuel lines because I guess over time biodiesel degrades rubber hoses and tubing. The guys at Grease works in Corvallis have a wealth of info. I only wish that I had a diesel when I lived in Corvallis so I could have had them do the kit installations (I don't know crap about cars).
The New Set of Wheels

I did run the Golf on B20 from Missoula, but starting next week I'll be running it on B99. The best things about these new TDI's is the low emissions and high gas mileage. It's an automatic, but I'll still get well over 40mpg.
I guess KIA digs the new wheels as well

Another thing that kept me from posting was a virus I caught. At first I thought that it was food poisoning because it came on so fast, but then all of my muscles started hurting and I came down with a high fever. I ended up sweating so much that I became dehydrated. I fainted once coming back from the bathroom and when I went to the doctor (somewhat reluctantly because I have no insurance), my blood pressure was so low they wanted to hospitalize me and hook me up to an IV. Yikes. I opted for drinking a ton of water and electrolytes and staying in bed two days reading the new Harry Potter. I guess it worked because I seem better.

Some more of my time has been spent job hunting. I've applied for a few jobs (a couple even with benefits), but we'll have to see. I'm also debating on whether to apply for a job in Coeur D'Alene which is a little drive (45 minutes), but decent work is definitely limited.

The rest of my time has been spent running after KIA. She has started dragging herself around the house. She also seems to take a keen interest in the things she shouldn't have. Funny how they do that.

I guess I'll keep this post as brief as possible. And yes I really am going to try and keep up with this Blog. I really miss it.

10 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Congratulations on the new wheels, how cool that you can run it on biodiesel!
By the way, I can't believe how big (and how cute) Kia has gotten, what a sweetie.
I'm glad you're feeling better - a little Harry Potter therapy works wonders doesn't it?

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

cheryl:
Thanks. We're excited. These Golfs are all over Europe (I even saw more up in BC), but here in the states they're rare.

She does keep getting bigger. It's amazing how much they grow in a a few months.

And yes HP is always a spirit lifter.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

jealous about the biodiesel, I can relate about the business.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger The Fool said...

Cool on the biodiesel. What sparklies Kia has for eyes!

I wish you the best on the job side too...perhaps a bit of substitute teaching? Nudge-nudge. You may not need certification to sub. Check into it...

;)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Tim:
Yeah I was jealous about others running biodiesel so I vowed next time I needed a car it was going to be a diesel.

TFool:
Thanks.
Substitute teacher is a maybe. I know a couple people in Wisco that did it with a bachelors degree, I imagine it's the same out here. The trick with being a sub is not to be too serious though. I mean the kids rarely take a sub seriously. A little discipline, a litle work, and a little fun is about all you can hope for.

Another job I did apply for was a teachers aid (paraprofessional SS).
It would get me into the school to see if I liked the vibe and there were benefits. Figers crossed.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer that you got sick. That can happen with a move. I agree with Cheryl about the HP Therapy.

Kia is such a doll!!

I hope things improve for you. New work will find you in its time, damned slow though that may be.

It's good to see you back.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Gavi said...

Congratulations on your car! How exciting. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in it!

I'm glad you're feeling better. Now, don't think that is acceptable excuse for your absence. There is no excuse (says the girl who was absent for like 8 months and for no good reason)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

lesley:
Thanks.
As for work I am totally ready for something a bit more steady. All of these odd jobs and heavy labour work has taken its toll on me (I'm quite a wimp). I hope you're correct and something will come around.

gavi: Glad to see you're back-I almost was ready to delete your link on my next overhaul (which is overdue since I still have Wisco links). I guess I'll have to do some catching up.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I see you have 9-B plates on your new rig.
But I don't understand this B20 and B99 stuff.
I wish happy job hunting and in the front page of the Bonners Ferry Herald there was some job opening at the high school here. I know there was some teaching position but I didn't read the whole article.
I'm thinking about going to the Gardenia center this Sunday. Just Thinking I haven't made up my mine.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Peppy:
Yeah I got the 9B plates because the lady at the Sandpoint DMV was giving me a hard time on my bill of sale. I still had a Naples drivers license so I took a trip up there and everything went smooth.

As for the B20 B99 the number just refers to the percentage of biodiesel. B20 has 20% biodiesel and 80% regular diesel.

I did see there were some substitute jobs open in Bonners, but I thought it may have been through those bad kid schools. I'll look into it thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home