Thursday, September 06, 2007

Cha Cha Cha Changes

Well another couple of monkeywrenches have been thrown into my blogging hobby, a full time job and a temp move to a cabin on the lake with no phone or Internet.

Yep, that's right I'm working the 40 hour work week after a year of slacking on misc jobs and helping out with baby and spouse. Actually that is a lot of work. Anyhow I'm working in a microbiology lab for a company that makes herbal and dietary supplements. It's a good company and we even get lunch Mon - Thur. from the companies own chef. Great food too, we're not talking PB&J. Yesterday was a beef stir fry with ginger, shitake mushrooms over a very tasty rice. Tuesday was a grilled salmon over a mixed greens salad.

As for our living condition, the one room condo seemed to be shrinking on us. After we got a crib for KIA, there was very little room to even stand. We had no yard to provide relief either. So until we can find something else we're in a very nice beach house that is just used in the summer by a friend's family. It's really nice, but too bad it;s only temporary. Anyhow, I must keep this short, I need to get home and check on the family. I hope you are all well in Blogger Land. Be back soon with pics and to check out everyone else's lives.

14 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Phelan said...

Congrats on the job! And good luck on the home search.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger The Fool said...

Good for you, Burdock. I hope everything works out for you. Best to you and family.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Carla said...

That job sounds great...well, the food anyways. Congrats and good luck in finding suitable living accommodations.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger willow said...

Congratulations on the new job, hope it works out well. The beach house by the lake sounds great even if it is only temporary.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Toby said...

I hope you're not going to spam us with your herbal remedies. LOL

Good deal. I'm a hippy at heart. Are you still in Wisconsin?

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Are you working near Ponderay? I know there some type of company deal with medicine not sure if it is herbal or nor herbal.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

phelan:
Thanks. Still nothing on a house yet. The rental market here sucks.

T.Fool:
Thanks. I guess the science part of me won out this time. I did interview for a paraprofessional position (reading tutor), but I could sort of tell that they already had their pick (probably an insider). Who knows where I'll be in a couple years.

Carla:
Thanks. The food is definitely a perk. They list the meals as a benefit along with the health, dental, vision, and retirement.

willow:
The house really is nice. I do wish it was more long term so we could make it feel more like (our home". Now it just feels like a vacation home-except I have to work 5 days a week.


Toby:
Lucky for you I'm not in marketing.
It is pretty cool because we get free overstock samples. I got a nice bottle of stress reducing sleep aiding pills. Valerian root, rhodilia, and some other good stuff.
Wisco is a no more. We left in June, I'm back in Idaho.

Peppy:
No the place I'm at is in Dover. Really nice location.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Congratulations on the new job, Quinn, it sounds great (although I bet it's hard being away from KIA all day)!
The beach house sounds lovely.

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you've found a good job! Hopefully the new home situation will sort itself out for you. :)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

New job and new digs, fabulous.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Dancingfarmer said...

Good luck Quinn! Sounds like a great job! "Life brings many changes but the road is always interesting as we follow where it takes us" :-) Better still you have a wife and daughter to walk it with!
Monica

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

They say a change is as good as a rest....

Good luck with your new job.... and your new home and lovely family.....

x

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Simon said...

Sounds like you are living in exciting times, BBoy. All the best to you and your family.

Dylan Thomas said "he who seeks rest finds boredom, he who seeks work finds rest."

:)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Hey, how are you? Miss your posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home