Monday, December 10, 2007

Chaos

I really feel as though there is some force keeping me away from blogging. "Being busy" no longer defines my life. Chaotic is a better word.

First off, what can I say, but we're moving....again. The house in town that was close to everything turns out to be extremely inefficient and has poor indoor air quality. With the cold hitting we discovered the gas furnace sucks, there is very little insulation in the house, and the only southern windows are to the mudroom that we keep blocked off with a wool blanket because it's not insulated. The bathroom also is not insulated and seems to hold a steady temperature between 45-51 degrees F. We've neem running space heaters, but that has been drying up the air so bad we've all had respiratory problems. Not to mention a high electric bill.

As for the air quality, we were always a bit concerned with it here. The air has always seemed heavy. There seemed to be a small mold problem in the bathroom, but the straw that broke the camels back was when we discovered there are 5 layers of carpet laid down. I guess the installers were too lazy to rip out the old. Anyhow one can view the progression of styles from pink shag down to pre WW2 geometric.

So, the better news is we've landed another rental 5 miles north of town. It has wood heat, hardwood floors, and it's brand new (awesome insulation). The bad, it's probably another temp home. The owner is putting it back on the market to sell in June. Oh well. I think I'm getting used to being unsettled.

Until next time.

4 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Phelan said...

I am glad to hear you got a better place. Good luck in the move.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I know a they're people who for some reason can't sell there home in the summer months then during the winter will rent out and put it back on the market.
So are you living buy that old dairy that has lamas I think they have a turquoise colored barn.

I don't if you interested in moving to the Bonners ferry area.
I know a 3 bedroom place for rent on Hemlock
Plus there a vacant house on Oak street that I knew the person who lived there and she was renting the place.

I hope all works out well for you and your family.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger willow said...

Oh dear, I hope you will soon feel more settled. At least you have somewhere you can keep warm and cosy this winter, always important when you have a little person crawling around on the floor though I suppose she'll soon be walking - this year has flown by.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wood stove and hard wood floors sounds good! wood stove going good here (rural duluth) as it gets cold again. hope you can settle in eventually. ever coming back to mn/wisc. area

- wf (of gtr's raisingfrolic)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home