Monday, May 05, 2008

Garden In the Works

I know all of you warmer zone folks will laugh at our gardening progress, but hey, this is North Idaho where the last frost is mid June. Plus moving around so much lately has put the brakes on our gardening endeavors. Nevertheless, this year we have a plot to garden at a friends place (our house is on a cliff with rock and gravel). This weekend we were able to get in some stuff that probably should have been planted a couple weeks ago. Still with the lingering winter, it was nice to have the opportunity. So we planted potatoes (norland and russett), snap peas, shelling peas, Walla Walla onions, red onions, yellow onions, shallots, garlic, and spinach. I also planted some rhubarb chard and greens at our house where I made a small raised bed. Anyhow, it feels good to get in the dirt. What a way to celebrate the Taurus moon.

Our Garden Plot For 2008 (A Nice Place To Hang)

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Phelan said...

Welcome back! Garden is looking good.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Hey, so good to see you back. I see I have a bit of catching up to do on your blog. And your garden looks like it's at about the same point as mine.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

phelan:
Thanks. As for the Garden it's definitely in the works. I need to find a straw contact for mulching. Idaho Summers are hot and dry.

Carla:
Hello. Yeah, let the updating begin. I guess we're pretty much the same when it comes to climate. I'm sure you folks had a heavy winter as well.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger willow said...

I'm glad you are blogging once again. The view from your garden is wonderful, I'm not sure I'd get much gardening done, I'd just spend the time looking at the mountains!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home