Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jim Hightower Here in Sandpoint

On Sunday I got the chance to see Jim Hightower , the progressive humorist from Texas, here in Sandpoint at our lovely Panida Theatre.  It was a fundraiser for Sandpoint Community Radio which is trying to get off the ground. I used to catch his short little blurb the Hightower report when I used to live back in Wisco and I always found it funny.  What I didn't realize was that he is a great public speaker (he delivered a humorous, upbeat lecture) and a really down to earth person.  Various people told me that he spent time here in Sandpoint visiting the local pub and even stopping in at my favourite tea and coffee house, Common Knowledge.  It seemed as though he really wanted to get a feel for the community.  I have a feeling that he probably does that wherever he visits.  I may just have to buy his book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home