Sunday, February 04, 2007

What's In The Refrigerator?

Well the thought of taking a photo of my refrigerator seemed innocent at the time I mentioned it on Cheryl's blog Free Range Living. But then she actually followed through with the idea, so here I am showing my unorganised refrigerator (I didn't cheat and try to straighten up or remove items). Oh, and all of those yougurt and cottage cheese containers have leftovers in them-We're not surviving on a dairy diet. I use them in place of tupperware. I also use old bread bags for cheese and vegetables that have been partially used (notice them in the drawer).


I have decided to only choose 2 victims. They are GTR of Raising Frolic and El of Fast Grow The Weeds.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for the fun idea, Quinn.
I've been admiring your milk bottles, I like the fact that they have a "handle" built into them - our kids sometimes have a hard time with the smooth sided ones when they're full.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

I like your milk bottles... I use Mason jars with plastic caps for our own goat milk, and someone needs to invent a lid with a pourable spout for those. Hey, I think we have the same fridge (almost - mine doesn't have the dial)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Toby said...

Did it last Juneish Thanks to Anitia

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Cheryl: I saw your picture of the refrigerator and thought it would be interesting. Apparently it has been going on for awhile-Toby had a pic from June.

caroline: There's a dairy in western Wisco that has returnable glass milk bottles that our co-op carries. It's great. They have quart or half gallon, but I wish they had cream.

Toby: It goes to show-nothing is original.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Steffi said...

Hi Quinn!
I did it too...You can see our fridge in my blog!

Steffi

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, when I first saw the photo, I did think "Wow, that's a lot of dairy" haha. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger El said...

Okay, Quinn, I did it. Didn't feel like tagging anyone else, though. It's an interesting sociological experiment, yes? I am certain our fridges would look completely different during growing season.

Oh, and not that it works as one now, but our back porch serves as "refrigerator overflow" between Nov-Mar; but we're having wacky Minnesota weather now I swear with a high of +4* right now. That porch is great around Thanksgiving and other food-overload holidays...

Now, if you asked to see our chest freezer....

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Okay ... so I realize that it's not all dairy in those Nancy's container, but isn't Nancy's the BEST?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home