Thursday, March 01, 2007

You Gotta Love a Good Blizzard

Good News! The weather service reduced the total snowfall prediction under 2 feet. However, those damn 50mph wind gusts are a bit of a problem. Needless to say, I know I'm not going anwhere anytime soon.

So I thought, "why not get happy." Afterall, winter storms bring out plenty of excitement. So I've concocted a small list of ingredients for happiness during the snowy months-Burdock style.

1) Happiness is woodstove full of glowing coals when I return from a long period of snow shoveling.

2) Happiness is sitting down to the New York Times with a poppy seed bagel w/cream cheese and a good strong americano.

3) Happiness is witnessing the genuine smile of my daughter when she is pleased to hear my voice.

4) Happiness is watching the birds out of my window braving the snow for a bite to eat.

5) Happiness is stretching out on the sofa with a good book while the rest of the house is sound asleep.

6) Happiness is discovering another jar of homemade dill pickles hidden behind the tomato sauce.

7) Happiness is a state of mind.

8) Happiness is temporary.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger The Fool said...

Happiness in the simple things...yes.

Thanks.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll echo. Simple is perfect and beautiful. I believe it fills the spirit with possibilty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home