Wednesday, December 06, 2006


You're Better Off With A Lot Of Butter


I'm sure anyone reading my blog already knows the dangers of Teflon in non-stick cookware, but if there are still some naysayers out there here is yet another on the subject. Perfluorochemicals are in more than Teflon-they're in Gore-Tex waterproof clothing, microwave popcorn bags, pizza boxes, and carpets. Although I still have a few Gore-Tex garments myself, I have become very leary of them and will most likely not buy any in the future. I guess my only consolence is that I don't eat or cook off of my shoes. However the manufacturing of the perfluorochemicals also causes danger to the environment and eventually ends up in our water. So once again here is another example of convenience being more harmful than good. We're better off with wet feet and cooking with butter or oil.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Blogger Mone said...

Well, I have a Teflon pan and I still put butter or oil in it... how much sense does that make?

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

mone: I guess you want to be sure your food doesn't stick. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home