Tuesday, April 10, 2007

No Title

Death is pissing me off. I have no words today, others will speak for me.

3292 Dead, 24,476 wounded


Oh my broken lamb
I worry when you cry
Baby's gonna fetch ya
Horses in the sky

Though dead hands ring the garden
And these are violent times
And violence brings more violence
And liars bring more lies

Though we was born defeated
Worried, tired and scared
And monsters build mean robots
Launching rockets into the air

And the wealth of our nations
Fed on angel blood
And our cities shot with moneyed schemes
Built on twigs and mud

And our schools look like prisons
And our prisons look like malls
And downtown's just a sick parade
Where no-one cares at all


And our hero's all died crazy
Broken, poor or shot
Let's celebrate their tragedy
And sanctify the loss

And manifest the daydream
Like those who fell before
And glorify our small attempts
And hate ourselves no more

Blow words between these sucker's teeth
And bind these panicked hands
Lose your heart like a clumsy bell
Please be well

And all i true love
Is the light
In my sister's darling eyes


Horses in the Sky
by A Silver Mt. Zion



7 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Mone said...

I have no words either, each one is one to many.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very poignant words. And shameful statistics.


Good day to you nonetheless, Burdock Boy.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Winter's took the words right out of my mouth. Poignant they are. Sometimes it's hard to look the truth square in the eye.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger The Fool said...

Thanks for sharing this powerful reflection. Words out.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Not even counting the dead Iraqis...

FOX "News" likes to downplay the number to under 20,000. Insanity!

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am crying. I called my oldest son(14) into the room to look at the list,along with two of his friends.
I wish you could have seen their faces. Shock and unbelief,disgust.
They are only a few years younger than some of these dead soldiers.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Mone:
The Vietnam Memorial is so powerful because of the names listed. It speaks the truth.

winters:
Shameful indeed. The war in our name is shameful.

carla:
Images are sometimes even harder. Green Libertarian had a very poweful post, and I swear I did this post before I read his.

T.Fool:
:/

Crall:
The Iraqi statistics are een more staggering. Any many if not most have nothing to do with insurgents or the military.

Kim:
Thanks for sharing. The ages of those fighting is haunting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home