Friday, January 30, 2009

Just a Couple Winter Scenes

The crazy amounts of snow that we were receiving here in North Idaho has taken a break, at least for the time. The sun has been shining frequently providing some picturesque scenes. At least a couple times a week I drive a stretch of US HWY 2 from Sandpoint, ID to the Washington border for my job. It's about a 30 mile trek, but with the Pend Oreille River on the south side and the southern edge of the Selkirk Mtns to the north, I can't complain about the scenery. Wednesday was a gorgeous sunny day in the upper twenties. I couldn't resist pulling over at mm 11 and having a gander.

The Pend Oreille River looking East

Ice Formations on the HWY Outcropping

Looking up at the Outcropping

10 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Looks great, It is really starting to dump down here.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Carla said...

I love the photos of the ice formations. Wow! Bet it will look great in the spring when it all starts to melt.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger willow said...

Lovely winter photos, the ice is amazing.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

Tim:
Good luck dealing with the weather. It can get too you after awhile.

Carla:
I love ice. Back in Wisco there were these wonderful ice caves along Lake Superior amongst the Brownstone cliffs. Amazing. These were pretty cool too, and very easy to get to.

Willow:
Thanks. I wish I had a better camera to capture the beauty better. I have an old 35mm I should get out again.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger It's me said...

These are great. We're basically out of snow down here at city-level, although there's still some at the Mountain.

Have you climbed the ice, or is that just for pictures?

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I always thought that area was pretty area and enjoy watching the eagles out on the river.

Coffee is on.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger BurdockBoy said...

meadowlark:
Naw I would never scale that ice. It's pretty to look at, but that's all for me.

Peppy:
It is a pretty area. I can't wait until the summer so I can check out the beach below.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

breathtaking.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Mone said...

Wow, that sure is a lot of ice and I'm complaining about the white stuff over here... very nice to look at, especially sitting in an warm office ;)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger The Fool said...

Cool photos...especially the ice. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home